03 January 2010

We're all growing up

Cousins stacking on top of each other.

Since it's holidays, I've had lots of spare time on my hands to think things through. I'm clueless most of the time really. I don't know many things or maybe it's because I never notice the little changes in my life.

We are all growing up/ growing older -
My little sister isn't little anymore. She's just a few centimetres short of being as tall as me. It's quite disappointing to see her grow so much while I stay the same height. It feels just like yesterday when she was still wearing hand me downs from me.

My family has been continuously feasting after New Years. We're just a hungry bunch of loud people. The consecutive feasting days gave me the opportunity to hang around my cousins. I guess since we're all growing up, we need to change to become more sensible and adult-like, but to hear the things my cousins talk about these days, I'm kind of sad that they're not the same anymore. Wasn't it just a few years ago when we would play hide and seek and scream like maniacs?

After two months of not seeing my grandfather, I met him the other day. He just got back from Perth and was very tanned. I saw that he had more white hairs and looked wearier than usual. My grandfather is getting old as I am growing up. I've come to realise that the people I love won't be around forever and there's a time when I won't have them anymore.

My cousin Cindy, has been coming over to my house nearly everyday these holidays. We went to the Aquatic Centre the other day and had a splashy, fun time together. At the Aquatic Centre all the ladies were wearing one pieces. I on the other hand, wore a rashie. I remember wearing a one piece in Year 2. Since then, I haven't even touched one. I don't like revealing skin. Since when? I don't remember.

I also realised how much I suck at staying underwater. My record that day was 6 seconds. Well I'm not a fish!

This year, I hope I will be less oblivious about the changes and people around me.

No comments: