Anyway, I poured boiling water into my instant noodles and brought it to the breakfast bar to eat. Holding the noodle cup whilst pulling back a stool to sit on, I tipped the whole noodle cup into my body. Yes, very smart but wait, there's more to the story.
My right thigh was badly scalded. At the time, my thigh was the colour of pig skin.
Scared that my parents would find out that I made yet again, another mess in the kitchen, I stripped off my drenched shorts and started cleaning the kitchen quietly.
Yep, I didn't even think about my well-being at the time to rinse my thigh under cold water. My parents are really scary when they want to be and I mean it. I eventually told my parents and they raged at me for not telling them. Hehe.
After the kitchen was spic and span, I took a shower and realised how bad my thigh was. I saw that blisters the size of my pinkie nail were starting to form on the severely scalded skin areas of my thigh. Yes, I wasn't that silly to shower with hot water; luke warm was what I used. I think we all know how being burnt feels. It's that blunt stinging sort of feeling. Not pleasant when you're whole thigh happens to be the case.
When the accident happened, I had no treatments at my house to use on my burn. It was about 7 hours after the accident happened when my Godmother came to the rescue and brought Silvazine to me.
I've been rubbing Silvazine on the burn twice a day. It apparently does a great job healing burnt skin, leaving no scars. Close friends would know how much I hate scarring. I've also tried Aloe Vera and Honey. Please don't let me have a scar on my thigh, I've already scars on both knees and shins.
Just in case you get scalded or burnt in the future, follow these steps:
- Rinse the burnt area under cold tap water for 15 minutes, immediately after the accident. (This step will release the heat from the burnt area)
- Get a wet towel and keep the burnt area moist for a while...
- Place the burnt area above the heart. It supposedly helps the burn somehow.
- Apply cream or ointments such as Silvazine to treat the burn.
- Use gauze to cover the burn so it won't get infected. I didn't bother though.
- After a few days, use Aloe Vera when a scab forms on the burnt area to prevent scarring.
No comments:
Post a Comment