23 December 2009

Flu + Rashes = Miserable Time

Hello world. I've been sick since Friday the 11th. That's right. Sore throat, runny noise, flem, loss of appetite. A metaphor that would best describe my past few days of doing little activities would be 'pig'. I've stayed up till 1am for the past 3 days, reading The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown, would usually only wake up from the most peculiar dreams at about 11:30am to do absolutely nothing onwards but find junk in the fridge to feel my never hungry stomach. Wow, that's a mega long sentence. The Da Vinci Code is so very good.

To be honest, I've never felt worst this year than the last few days which I experienced some kind of incurable flu. Well, it felt incurable to me because it lasted more than 2 weeks even with many cups of disgusting liquid medicine, Cold and Flu tablets and Codral.

I think what I hate most about being sick is the unhealthy, uncomfortable feeling that I get. Taking medicine would definitely come second though. That, I say without hesitation. When it comes to taking medicine, I'm not crazily fussy, but neither am I willing to take it if my parents don't demand I take it. I like to keep quiet so they'll forget to remind me, but that was pretty hard this time round because I was continuously coughing my heart out from between my lungs. Anyway, let me describe how disgusting the liquid medicine I had to take called Robitussin, was. It tasted like liquid metal flavoured dirty water. That's right. Horrible, horrible stuff that stung my taste buds. I could still taste the medicine after a whole 250ml cup of water mouthwash. Starburst lollipops helped with getting rid of the bitter taste in my case.

My medicines

Liquid metal flavoured dirty water

To make matters worse, I've been getting my annual spring/summer allergies whilst my incurable flu was still at its hopeless stages. I've been to doctors earlier this year, to find out what I'm allergic to. Dr. Bullock said, "The tests show that you're allergic to Cockroach droppings, dustmites and weeds."
Assuming that dustmites was the cause of my ring-worm like rashes, I had a massive house clean-up with the help of my daddy and sister this morning. Together we cleaned every spec of dust visible to the naked human eye. (This doesn't count me because I was wearing glasses, ahaha) Hopefully, it was the dustmites. I like to think that my family isn't that disgusting to let cockroaches breed inside our house and poop all over our floors. Gross. I don't think we have weed plants or weed sprouting through the cracks of our tiled floor either...

I've been taking Claratyne tablets, but they seem to take a very long time to start reacting to my rashes.

So I guess this sums up about everything I've experienced since holidays started. Spectacular, I would say if I still had my cheery, sarcastic mood, but I'm too worn out to be sarcastic anymore. I'd say my holidays are sucking because being sick ruins every single damn thing. I guess you can call me pessimistic in the mean time. Teehee.

No comments: