11 April 2010

Holy Basil!

After church, my family took grandma out for dinner at Holy Basil. It's the new Lao restaurant at Canley Heights. The food was nice. We had sticky rice with Lao dishes. Lao sausages, papaya salad, beef salad, Tom Yum and more. We had tea with our meal and they gave us a cute mini teapot with mini cups. The restaurant's small and pretty. I loved the Buddhist faces decorated on the walls and the lights.

Buddhist face

Lantern lights

Papaya salad

After we finished eating, my mum told me to ask for the check but I had food stuck in my braces and didn't want to talk. My grandma asked this young guy for the check in Chinese and he understood her. He came back with the check and my grandma asked him if he was Cantonese in Chinese. My mum thought he didn't understand so she said, "My mother thinks you're Chinese."
"I am Chinese." He told us. Ahaha. Well, it was funny, but I can't seem to recount it the same way.

We were walking to the car-park when we saw this massive asian grocery supermarket. I can't remember the name but it was huge! There was a butcher in the asian grocery. How rare is that? We stayed in there for about half an hour. I was looking at imported American soaps and lotions when a guy came up to me and asked if i wanted to try some lotion. I said, "Lotion? Yes please. " It smelt of mango. Really nice lotion but I didn't buy it. I have too many lotions at home already.

I went home and ate the pudding that my dad and I made earlier today. It's nice. I'll post the recipe up if anyone's interested.

Photos taken from - http://www.eatshowandtell.com/2009/10/31/holy-basil-canley-heights/

No comments: