20 September 2009

Corn has sugar?

"An apple a day makes the doctor say baybay."

My sister and I went to the orthodontist yesterday for a checkup. The orthodontist saw-dusted my sister's teeth to make space for adjusting her teeth. She was told not to eat sugary stuff anymore. That was something my sister nearly died, hearing.


Anyway, I was eating a Mango Bowen ice cream today, when I saw my sister eating a corn cob.

Me: "Hey, do you want an ice cream? I'll get you one."
Tania: "No, I can't eat sweet stuff remember?"
Me: "Oh right. HAHA."
Tania: "Shut up Tracey."
Me: "No, make me!"
Tania: *sigh
Me: "Hey, isn't there sugar in corn? You're eating sugary stuff!"
Tania: "No, there isn't sugar in corn."
Me: "You wanna bet? Why is corn sweet then?"
Tania: "Vegetables don't contain sugars, you weirdo."
Me: "Yeah right. You wanna bet?"
Tania: "Fine. What does the loser have to do?"
Me: "Um..the loser has to go on the floor and bark like a dog."
Tania: "No, that's too easy."
Me: "Fine. The loser has to say 'Hu Hu' a hundred times."
Tania: "No. That's boring."
Me: "What then?"
Tania: *munches corn
Me: "I know. The loser can't eat for an hour."
Tania: "No! I'm obsessed with food."
Me: "Whatever. I'll go on the comp and see if corn contains sugar."

I finished my ice cream and went on the computer to search.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061001224010AA3PDH3

The first thing I saw was -

365 cal
9.42g protein
74g of carbs
2.21mg zinc
214ui vitamin A
10.37g water

OMG. I was shocked. Then I scrolled down a little more and guess what I found?

Calories 130
Calories from Fat 15g
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 25mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 29g 10%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Sugars 9g
Protein 5g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 0%
Iron 4%

That's right. How should I torture my little sister?

No comments: