25 September 2009

It's cement mix

Wednesday 23rd of September. Woke up, slid my feet into slippers and made my way to the toilet. Eyes half opened, I looked through the window next to the back door, and saw a yellow backyard. Must be the sun rising I thought. Got out of the toilet, oh, the sun still rising. Went into my room to change. Shorts or track pants? Track pants, seemed windy outside. Ate a banana for breakfast, whilst my dad was busily cutting apples for me. Decided that track pants would be too hot, so I changed into shorts.

Stepped out of the front door. Took off my slippers and the next thing I knew, my socks weren't white, they were a shade of mustard.

"Dad, what happened? There's dust everywhere!"
"It must be the house near us. They were delivering cement mix this morning. Look what they did to our floor!"

I was thinking, 'what does cement mix have to do with the yellow sky?'

"Far out. Lemme change my socks."

The air was horrible. I got into my dad's car as fast as I could. My dad drove me to the train station and complained that he would have to mop the floor when he gets home. When he turned off the engine, he looked out of the car window and saw other cars covered in mustard coloured dust.

"WOAH. How did the cement mix get here?"
"Dad, I'm sure it isn't the cement mix."
"Yeah, probably isn't."

I later heard that there was a dust storm at night, when I reached Cabramatta Station. What I find strange is that the night that the dust storm occured, I couldn't sleep. I was in bed twisting and turning, taking off my socks then putting them on again and positioning my pillow for more comfort. I just couldn't sleep. I had to turn the air conditioner on to fall asleep. I'm guessing that I had a premonition that the dust storm was coming. I'm quite suprised why my room isn't covered in dust. I TURNED ON THE AIR CONDITIONER.

In the afternoon, I told mum about how dad thought cement mix was the cause of all the dust in the house. Mum couldn't believe it. "HAHA, you're dad is just too funny."
I love my dad. He makes me laugh all the time. He purposely annoys me sometimes, by imitating my dancing.

Heard that there's another dust storm tonight. Sleep tight!

No comments: