13 September 2009

Japanese Excursion

Why I took forever to get this blog up, it's too friggin long to blog and I wasn't bothered. I'm going to try to write everything in detail.

I woke up at 6:45am to get ready. WOW, something Tracey wouldn't usually do. Picked out some punkie clothes fromy my wardrobe to pull off the Japanese 'tourist look'. Dad drove me to the train station. Kissed him on the cheek and got electric shocked. My nerdy sister said it was because I used the hairdryer. Got on the train and looked through the window. Saw a few men working on the rails. (They weren't appealing) Got to school. Hanson questioned me about why I was in mufti. I told him I was going Japanese excursion. (He was sooo jealous :D)

School bell rang at 8:45am. We started heading to Glenfield station. We stood at the station and took pictures. The train came and everyone was excited. Got on the train and played a rhythm game Julia taught us. It was very fun, thank you Julia. The train ride wasn't as long as I expected it to be. When we reached Central, we pulled our train tickets out to get pass those ticket gulping machines. Started walking to Market City. I was being an idiotic, pretending to be a Japanese tourist, doing the peace sign and shouting 'o-hi-o'. (Oh, and I was also singing the Australian National Anthem) Peggy and others said I was embarrassing them.

We reached Market City and screeched like maniacs (was that only me?) when we saw Danger Field and really cool shops. Went to Thaikee, a Japanese supermarket and continued acting like Japanese tourists. (Julia and me) That was when we saw real Japanese tourist. Julia told me to say hi to them and I was like, "NO WAY". The girls were really pretty, dunno about the guys...(They're weren't very tall) I then needed the toilet, so we exited Thaikee. The shopkeeper who was wearing bright red lipstick, glared at my bulging bag. 'Lady, I wouldn't want to take anything from your store anyway!' Got to the toilet and uh.. yeah. The hand dryer machine thing (is that what you call it?) was soo mad! Julia discovered it first. You stick your hands into it and it starts blowing! It tickled me but it was sooo cool! We went back to Thaikee, but Ashley and other people wanted to go toilet, so Julia and I went toilet again. I wanted to visit the hand dryer machine thingy so badly, but an anime shop caught my attention. The first thing we (me, Julia, Rakshita & LAWRENCE) do is look for hentai. (Not that I'm interested or anything) There is a photo of me posing with hentai which Rak took while the shopkeeper was looking, on RAK's fb. If you're bothered, stalk her. We went out of the anime shop and joined the Japanese Major Class mob. When everyone was present, we headed out of Market City.

Jordan bought a big packet of Jelly Pops. He gave me a green one. It was very yummy, because I was starving. We stood together in a mob at the green/walking man lights. (You know, the lights!) Julia and I started checking this pretty woman who was standing opposite to where we were standing. I saw Ms.Eun shaking her head. (TEEHEE) We started walking to the Japanese restaurant. Someone asked Ms. Eun where we were eating and she pointed ahead, but very vaguely. That was why Julia thought we were going to eat at a posh looking building. She was proved wrong when we came to a halt at a smaller looking building. The restaurant was called 'Daruma'. Its interior was very nice and how do I describe it..umm..calming? The restaurant lady greeted us with a 'konichuwa'. I told her it wasn't noon yet. She didn't believe me so she checked the clock. It wasn't noon. So she greeted us again with an 'o-hi-o'.

The food was very delicious. I ate very slow for some reason...This made Julia think she was eating too quickly. The restaurant lady was very nice to us. (I kinda miss her :D) After filling our bellies with yummy Japanese food, we (Anna,Vanessa, Jordan, Lawrence) took some photos on the balcony, outside the restaurant.We were posing and having a great time when we heard a funny noise from inside the restaurant. It was JULIA. She couldn't open the glass door because she was holding a million bags. ( exaggeration - just mine and hers) Julia said everyone was leaving. We thanked the lady and exited her restaurant. (I have a business card of that restaurant, if anyone wants it :D)

On the way out of the building, I said hi to Sharon's dad. He waved back, AHAA. The 'mob' started heading to Kinokuniya. Kinokuniya is such a rip off! A pencil was like $5. Ashley found some free magazines. This kept me and Julia excited for a a while, until we realised the magazine was in Chinese. PPFT. I saw a few ladies crack a smile when they heard 'the mob' discussing about how expensive everything in Kinokuniya was. (I'm sure they would do the same thing, if they were our age, not yet making an earning)

After Kinokuniya, we had to walk a long long way to Karaoke. On the way we saw a homeless man and his honey Labrador dog. Jordan felt sorry for the dog so he took out his Jelly Pops and gave them to the homeless man.. Jordan also collected pamphlets for me, on the way. To keep ourselves entertained on the way to Karaoke, we (me, Vanessa and Jordan) held hands and talked about gays, guys with flat butts and FISH&CHIPS.

When we reached Karaoke, I screamed like a mad woman. We walked down a flight of stairs and saw free pamphlets and newspapers on a side table. The 'mob' went crazy at the free stuff. We entered the Karaoke place after a few minutes of waiting at the reception desk. The first thing that caught my attention was a glass cupboard full of alcohol. I asked no one in particular, 'does anyone get raped in here?' (I was very serious about it, but the mob found it funny) We entered the Karaoke room and it stank! At first everyone was very awkward, but not for long! I called for grabs on 'Touch My Body' -Mariah Carey. It was very inappropriate...(Check the MV on youtube :D) I'll post the karaoke singing on youtube when I get the vids. I sang Touch My Body, Hips Don't Lie, She's No You, Sexy Love and Girlfriend. We heard Yui sensei and Ms. Eun sing Japanese! They were very good. Karaoke was sooo fun. I was quite disappointed that the hour past by so quickly.

After Karaoke, me, Julia, Jennifer, Ashley, Anna and Debbie separated from the mob to go Capitol Square. It was such a long run! (I was desperate to get there quickly to go home early) We ran like a bunch of lunatics. Some high school guys made loud sounds as we ran past. (Um.. hard to describe, it was like a loud 'whooo' sound)

We ran from St. James to Capitol Square, J-walking twice. We took really pretty caps! Jennifer, Julia, Anna and me headed for Central Station afterwards. I came home at 4:30pm :D

I HAD SUCH AN AWESOME DAY! I think I covered everything :D If only Chips was there, the day would have been so much funner! JAPANESE IS THE BEST.

No comments: