Everyone was driving the tractor with ease, going 1km/hr, until I got on. Getting up on the tractor with one hand on the steering one, and the other on the handle, I pulled myself onto the seat. 'Hmm, what to do next?' I put on my seatbelt.
'This is gonna be so much fun. It'll be better than bumper cars!' I thought.
"Put your left foot on the clutch. Now, what do you do next?" Mr McAlpin asked me.
Easy, turn the key. So I turned the key, woohoo, the battery went on. I then pushed the button thingy. Slowly, I lifted my feet off the clutch. I was expecting the tractor to roar to life underneath me. It didn't.
"You have to put the tractor in first gear!" McAlpin said, not believing what he was seeing.
Oops. Okay first gear, first gear, first gear, first gear. What happened next?
The tractor was like a monster. The moment my left foot came off the clutch, it went into attack mode. Straight ahead, it leapt at the invisible enemy. I went crazy! I didn't know what was wrong! Everyone drove the tractor fine, so why was I stuffing up? (Apparently, I looked as if I was about to take off into the sky)
"Put your foot on the clutch!" I heard Mr. McAlpin yell.
"My foot IS on the clutch!" I yelled back at him. He was 10 metres away and it had only been 2 seconds since I took off.
Mr. McAlpin ran after me. His face had fiery written all over it. The moment I saw his face, was when my foot found the clutch.
"No wander you were going so fast. You put the damn tractor in third gear!" Mr. McAlpin shouted over the rumbling of the tractor.
The moment he said that, I looked down at the gear box. He was right.
"Do a circle and drive the tractor back on the grass." Mr. McAlpin said, walking a fair distance away form me and the tractor. I wander why.
Well, it was my first time! Right? I always do things differently to other people, but that makes me who I am. Odd. I gotta say, I am a bad driver. I remember the last time I went on a bumper car, I was out of control. I kept going in circles and one of the men running the bumper cars ride had to stand on the boot of my bumper car and drive for me.
I wanna drive a tractor in reverse next time. I wander what'll happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment